Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 12:32 PM
      |   view attached

We would like to deploy several Dropcams around the building. We want to connect them to either our employee or guest wireless network. The employee network requires username and password, the guest network has a captive portal. With the dropcam connected to a pc, and during the setup, both of the networks are displayed, but no opportunity is presented to enter credentials or accept the General Use Policy at the captive portal. Dropcam says to add the 308xxxxxxxxx mac address to the router. We have a 3200 controller with AP105's.

• 2.  RE: How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 01:53 PM
    You could Apply an UDR / set role using the oui or the MAC address of the devices in the AAA profile of guest

• 3.  RE: How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 02:54 PM

Victor,

I thank you for your post.

What I forgot to state, is our wireless network was completely configured by someone form Aruba, and I know very little about it.

Although I have administrative rights, and can navigate some, I do not know "UDR / set role using the oui" or where this takes place. I have been looking for it  :-/

I'm sure most people would understand your post w/o any problem, but I think I need something more "step by step".

I do have a support agreement in place, but I always try to look around the communities for solutions first. I am headed back to the interface to try and implement your suggestion. Thanks again, and have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Oh. I don't think so, but would this implementation affect the way existing guests connect? Thanks.

• 4.  RE: How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

• 5.  RE: How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 03:41 PM

No worries .

This wouldn't impact your current guest connection :

First: Create an ACL for your DropCam

ip access-list session DropCam-ACL

(Ports needed or allowall)

Second: Create user-role DropCam-Role

user-role DropCam-Role

access-list session DropCam-ACL

Third:Create UDR with either OUI or Mac address of your Cameras

aaa derivation-rules user DropCams

set role condition macaddr equals "11:22:33:44:55:66" set-value Dropcam-Role description "DropCams"

Forth: Assign UDR to AAA Gues Profile

aaa profile guest-profile

user-derivation-rules DropCams

• 6.  RE: How would I connect a Dropcam to our wireless network using the cameras mac address?

Posted Jun 30, 2014 03:48 PM

I want to thank you all for your assistance. Although I did spend a couple of hours trying toimplement this, based on the detailed instructions you provided, I was unsuccessful. I think I'm close though.

I was out of the office last week, and will be again the rest of this week, so I am short on time. I hope to get back to this when I return. Thanks again.