Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

Posted May 13, 2014 01:52 PM

Ineed to understand how to configure clear pass from the scratch and to make it in full production

• 2.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2014 01:53 PM
    Did you look at the ClearPass Guest user manual? It explains everything.

• 3.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

Posted May 14, 2014 11:08 AM

Thank you I will check on that manaul but Ineed to understand what is the diffrent between (Policy manager ,Guest,Insight,onboard) Ihave a confilict to understand them from where I shoud l start kindly inform me in detail if you can what is the role for each and thanks in advacne and what is teh best dicument to study Clear as policy manager user guide or guest user manual.

• 4.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

• 5.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

Posted May 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Dears Thank you so mch I need to know another thing Can I use the POC back UP files in rela life implementation or no? and if yes kindly inform me what I will need to change and thanks

• 6.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2014 11:24 PM

Its not recommended. 

#1 the kits only work on 6.2 versions

#2 The Kits are for training and demo purposes and the services are very basic. When doing a full deployment you will want to start with a clean system with only the services you want to use.

• 7.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

Posted May 19, 2014 07:35 AM

I wouldn't recommend it. We built a document detailing each of the changes we'd made from a default install. We did use the XML import feature for some of the longer, more complicated parts but you should be very careful!

• 8.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.

Posted May 19, 2014 01:02 PM

great so what if I did so and then cleaning what I didn't need?

• 9.  RE: I Need to how to configure Aruba Clear Pass step-by-step for Guest and wired network access.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2014 05:33 PM

Again it is not recommended.....

In all reality you are creating more work than is needed. For you to go through and fix each one and clean it up you could have set up three systems.

That is the reason why we have the service templates under start here. It will give you just about everything you need to get a system up and running.