Security

Frequent Contributor II

I created a CSR on Clearpass how can I sign it to be trusted if I don't have internal PKI?

I created a CSR on Clearpass how can I sign it to be trusted if I don't have internal PKI?

Guru Elite

Re: I created a CSR on Clearpass how can I sign it to be trusted if I don't have internal PKI?

Is this for a radius certificate or for the web server certificate?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Re: I created a CSR on Clearpass how can I sign it to be trusted if I don't have internal PKI?

Web (Captive portal,Https logins) how to do it

Guru Elite

You'll need to have a public CA issue you a cert.

GoDaddy is a cheap option.

Frequent Contributor II

thats is for public what if I have windows server how can I do that?

Guru Elite

You need to do it with a public CA otherwise all the devices that are connecting to your guest network will get a certificate error.

Frequent Contributor II

ok waht if I want to make users use normal HTTP to avoid certfiate error how can I do it?

another option is to use the CPPM Onboard CA to sign your CSR.

Take a look at my PKI 101 doc here......

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Frequent Contributor II

Thank you so much but actually I dont have onboard License

is there is a solution that I can make users redirect to http to avoid certficate error that appear on browser?

Guru Elite

You get 25 enterprise licenses with every ClearPass server which can be used for a combination of Onboard, OnGuard and Guest.

What type of captive portal are you using? Self reg? AD/employee authentication? Accept terms /click through?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: