Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 14, 2015 07:26 AM

I have a customer who have around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from Diffent Vendors HP,Cisco and Juniper and for sure many diffrent networks so is there is a script or advanced thing that I can do to add all this NADs without going on 1 by 1 add? like importing or something like that?

• 2.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 14, 2015 07:42 AM
    I believe there is a way to add them through a CSV file. I suggest looking at the user guide or tech notes from the support site. also I think there is another post similar to this one on the community. do a quick search and you might find what you are looking for

• 3.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 14, 2015 10:41 AM

You can import your NADs.....the import file is in XML format.    I suggest you create two entries; then export them to view the file structure.   Edit the file with your relevant information and then import your new devices.

• 4.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 11:18 AM

Dears I have tried all of this with no luck:

I exported the NADs file naem (CleintNad.XML) and edit it with Excel and fill the Table and when I do Import say invalid Tags I tried also edit the file on Notepad and same error ,so is there is a specific tool?

• 5.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 11:33 AM
    Did you tried adding one manually and then exporting it so you can see the format it needs to be ?

• 6.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 05:23 PM

Dear Victor thats exactly what I did and had this issue showed up ,please try it and update me if it works well or no.

• 7.  RE: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:49 PM

Add a few, export, edit and import, test.

That's what I did at the start of our migration to CPPM - added 1700 devices that way.

I used Notepad++ rather than a spreadsheet, but the idea is the same.

Worked great.