Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 12:10 PM

I want to redirect unhealthy client to URL of my antivirus

For example :

PC connected doesnot have Norton Installed so I want to redirect him to :

http://10.10.10.10/norton.exe

PC connected doesnot have Corporate software insatlled

redirect to :

http://10.10.10.10/corporate software

how can I achive this ?

• 2.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 02:39 PM
    Create a new captive portal redirect role and have ClearPass send that role back as a CoA after being quarantined

• 3.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 02:42 PM
    however, due to a lack of onguard granularity, it will be difficult to determine what caused the change of posture status (lack of Norton vs corporate software). I entered a feature request last month for that. In the meantime, I suggest having one remediation page with links to everything the user might need to get healthy.

• 4.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2015 02:48 PM

You can definitely get specific down to individual policies:

posture-antivirus.JPG

• 5.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 03:13 PM

The Thing is I'm not doing this on Aruba Controller or wireless I'm doing this on HP wired

• 6.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

• 7.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 06:21 PM
    yeah, but you don't have the granularity within the same policy. The logic for assigning a token needs more than just "one or more"

• 8.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2015 01:04 PM

You can use different enforcement policies independent of the posture token. Just think of the posture token as high level posture status.

posture-av-enf.JPG

posture-av-install-radius.JPG

• 9.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 13, 2015 04:58 PM
    Can you give an example?

• 10.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2015 04:59 PM

There are screenshots above.

• 11.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 14, 2015 09:25 AM
    Sorry. They didn't show up on the Airheads app. Thanks!

• 12.  RE: I want to redirect user to Specific URL if they are not Healthy on Clearpass ongaurd?

Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:26 PM

The granularity I was referring to was within the same posture category. For instance, say I am looking for two different Windows services, Service A and Service B. I don't think it is possible for me to specify in the enforcement policy to treat failure of Service A differently from service B failure.