Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com redirect question

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com redirect question

Posted Sep 14, 2017 10:53 AM

Hi guys, this is my first time here so I hope I follow the rules correctly...

I have a question regarding my setup of an IAP 325 with Clearpass captive portal. I have been able to make this work perfectly when the Virtual Controller manages the IPs for the clients so I know the Clearpass guest registration portal and services are working correctly. I do not want the IAP to be accessable from the guest network so I set the client IP to be network assigned and in a separate VLAN to what the IAP is in. This is causing a problem when the client autheticates (the clients can reach the Clearpass webpages to register/login) and the webpage redirects to securelogin.arubanetworks.com as that address resolves to an IP on the IAP that the clients can no longer reach.

How do I get around this problem? There must be a way of keeping the IAP in a separate management VLAN to the clients but how do I do that if part of the authentication is to communicate withthe IAP again?

Gerry