Security

Occasional Contributor II

IAP105 Virtual Controller not authenticating with Clearpass after 200 devices imported into CPPM

Clearpass is presently running v.6.3.1.62009.  Hardware is CP-VA-500.

Clearpass has been setup for initially with five devices (vc001, vc002, vc003, vc004 and vc005).  All VC's have two SSID's, one for mac-address authentication and one for Clearpass (user) authentication.  All of this is presently working and users can get access through to the Internet.

Existing licencing is as follows:

Policy Mgr           500 (used 39)

CP Enterprise    25 (used 0)

Workspace         25 (used 0)

20 additonal VC's were imported to CPPM Devices; everything continues to work.

50 additonal VC's were imported to CPPM Devices; everything still works.

200 additional VC's are added; no access to the Internet - no error message in CPPM Access Tracker; VC's show this as auth failure.  Fix is to rollback to smaller number of devices in Clearpass and reboot.  If no reboot, smaller number does not work.

I have tried adding vc100 in the 200 import bundle, then deleting everything except vc100, reboot Clearpass; and then everythign works - this proves that the parameters for vc100 are imported correctly.

Are there any known bugs/issues with the maximum number of devices permitted on a CP-VA-500 ?

Aruba

Re: IAP105 Virtual Controller not authenticating with Clearpass after 200 devices imported into CPPM

No open bugs.

Please open a TAC case
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: IAP105 Virtual Controller not authenticating with Clearpass after 200 devices imported into CPPM

I will investigate further to determine at which point the import is 'killing' Clearpass.

It must be an entry or a device limit - I'll get more info and then get TAC case logged.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: