Security

New Contributor

IOS/OSX Onboard Error, failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A

I have been following the Video Tutorials provided by Herman and i have been able to get my clearpass where it will authenticate both PEAP and TLS Windows AD Clients without any issue.

I have moved onto the onboarding and again followed the videos and have been able to successfully onboard a windows client.

When i try to authenticate an IOS or OSX device i get an issue about certificates.

I am using a CP Hosted Root CA.

From what i can see from the profile, the certificates are passed and enabled for trust they just don't connect.

In the logs i get an error about 'TLS_accept:error in SSLv3 read client key exchange A'

I am not sure what is different, when i search on the error a lot of sites indicate that it is issue with the client not trusting the Root CA certificate but from what i can see the certificate is installed as a trusted root ca.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: IOS/OSX Onboard Error, failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A

Is your EAP server certificate SHA-2?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

the CA Root Server is SHA512 and the Client Certificates generated from it are SHA512 as well with 2048bit key.

The Radius Client Certificate is SHA1 with 2048bit key.

i have attached example cert

Guru Elite

Your EAP server certificate needs to be SHA-2 or higher.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Seic,

I think you're doing lab testing with ClearPass Onboard feature, so using SHA-512 is not really an issue. If you plan to implement Onboard in a production environment, using SHA-512 for each client cert may cause serious performance issue. I would go for SHA-256 instead.

Thank you,

New Contributor

Hi, I have the same question,Can you tell me the solution?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: