Security

Contributor I

Import bulk list of NAD

Is there a template to import a bulk list of Network Access Device? We have  more or less one thousands NAD to be import at CPPM. 

Thank you

Aruba

Re: Import bulk list of NAD

[ Edited ]

There is this page for partners

https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/Convert_CSV_to_XML

Or you can just add two devices to the NAD list and export and that will show you the format.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<TipsContents xmlns="http://www.avendasys.com/tipsapiDefs/1.0">
<TipsHeader exportTime="Sun Oct 06 23:12:32 CDT 2013" version="6.2"/>
<NadClients>
<NadClient description="" name="Aruba 2500" coaPort="3799" coaCapable="true" vendorName="Aruba" tacacsSecret="" radiusSecret="eTIPS123" ipAddress="10.80.2.xx"/>
<NadClient description="" name="Cisco WLC" coaPort="3799" coaCapable="true" vendorName="Cisco" tacacsSecret="" radiusSecret="eTIPS123" ipAddress="10.80.2.xx"/>
<NadClient description="" name="Palo Alto" coaPort="3799" coaCapable="true" vendorName="PaloAlto" tacacsSecret="" radiusSecret="eTIPS123" ipAddress="10.80.2.xx">
<SnmpConfig readArpInfo="true" forceRead="true" defaultVlan="0">
<SnmpRead communityString="eTIPS123" snmpVersion="V2C"/>
</SnmpConfig>
</NadClient>
</NadClients>
</TipsContents>

You can also add a group of NAD devices by subnet instead of doing them one at a time.

screenshot_01 Oct. 06 23.08.gif

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Contributor I

Thanks for immediate response!. I can login to the page and download the Template.xlsx but when I download the nas.csv it requires me to login again and the Login error shows "There is no user by the name".

Can I used this format in the exel for bulk import? then used the link to convert to csv to xml. 

NadClient description | coaPort  |coaCapable | vendorName | tacacsSecret | radiusSecret | ipAddress

Thanks

Aruba

On the bottom of the page the link sends you to should have the format.

Templates

The CSV files must have the values in a particular order to be processed correctly. The Excel templates below can be used to help format your data correctly. The file formats are:

Local Users: userid,user_name,enabled{true|false},password,[role_name],phone,email,sponsor,title,department,designation
Endpoints: mac_addr,status{Known|Unknown},description,device_type,device_vendor,os_version,os_type,location
NADs: ip_addr,name,description,coa_port,coa_capable{true,false},vendor_name,tacacs_secret,radius_secret
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

I've tried the NAD import format and I get the following error message: First line must be a header with 5 tokens.  Any idea on what he issue may be?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: