Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Insight Reporting

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Insight Reporting

Posted Jul 09, 2014 02:03 PM

In CPPM I have added custom attributes to the DB.  In Insight, I would like to include these custom attributes into a report but when selecting Reports  > Configuration, the option to include the attribute is not listed.  Im guessing that the field needs to be included in some SQL query.  My question is, how/where to change the query to retrieve additional fields or is there a better method of completing this?

• 2.  RE: Insight Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 02:06 PM
    Are they endpoint attributes?

• 3.  RE: Insight Reporting

Posted Jul 09, 2014 02:07 PM

Yes they are.

• 4.  RE: Insight Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 02:19 PM

I don't think it's currently possible to report on the custom endpoint attributes in Insight. I've done this in the past with Splunk though.

Might be a good feature request.

• 5.  RE: Insight Reporting

Posted Jul 09, 2014 03:59 PM

Thanks Tim

• 6.  RE: Insight Reporting

Posted Jul 10, 2014 10:24 AM

would you be able to build it out as custom sql, referencing the tables that the attributes are stored in, joined to the table with the custom attribute references. just an idea. apologies it's not a very specific answer. happy to have a go at writing the sql if you give some examples.

• 7.  RE: Insight Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 01:18 AM

As of today insight will report on all standard fields. There will be more insight enhancements coming in the future releases to help with your issue. ;)