Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Insight report showing custom guest attributes

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Insight report showing custom guest attributes

Posted Jan 09, 2018 12:40 AM

Hi All,

during guest registration i collect attributes from a dropdown list asking the user why they are visiting. 

These are stored in a custom field in the Guest User repository indicating the reason for visiting. 

Is there any way i can run a custom report to display the stats for these users?

Currently running ClearPass 6.6

Thanks

Scott

• 2.  RE: Insight report showing custom guest attributes

Posted Jan 09, 2018 11:55 AM

I could not get this out in ClearPass 6.6

What we ended up doing was logging into the SQL database directly using the app external account, and dumping the endpoints table with attributes to a csv file. it took some effort but the info is there in the database. 

_ELiasz

• 3.  RE: Insight report showing custom guest attributes

Posted Jan 09, 2018 04:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, i figured out a way to do it ,would be nice to have this more integrated into a dashboard report but this will do.

Here is what i did:

• Created a Standard Report using the Guest Authentication > Guest - Auth by ClearPass option. 
    • Selected the Include  Raw Data in output option in the report configuration 
    • In the Raw Data Configuration the list of fileds able to be selected should include the custom field

Raw Data.PNG

Then once the report runs the CSV will include the values for this field 

visitortype.JPG

From here you can insert a pivot chart / table to count the values. You could then substitute the numbers for the actual descriptions in the clearpass guest option drop down list. 

pivot chart.JPG

I wonder if this could be somehow rolled into the dashboard or standard reporting in future. 

If anybody has a neater and less manual way to do it i'd appreciate the feedback!

Scott

• 4.  RE: Insight report showing custom guest attributes

Posted Jan 09, 2018 04:40 PM

Sorry my mistake, I was looking at Endpoint DB, you were looking for Guest Repo. 

I wasn't able to find a way in Insight to export custom Endpoint Attributes. 

_ELiasz

• 5.  RE: Insight report showing custom guest attributes

Posted Jan 09, 2018 05:09 PM

yes the custom variable is tied to the guest account and not the endpoint record. I'm sure you could do as you suggested as well provided you find the right table to query.