Security

Occasional Contributor II

Instant CP using External Radius Server

HI

I using IAP 135 with Version: 6.4.0.3-4.1.0.1_45063

I have created two SSID one is using WPA2-Enterprise and other is CP using the same external radius server + local database.

I can successfully connect to WPA2-Enterprise SSID, but fail to use the same account in the CP.

can anyone help?

Thanks 

Guru Elite

Re: Instant CP using External Radius Server

How can something be using an external radius server and the internal database at the same time?  How does that work?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Can I do that in order to have back up server?

anyway, I have success to login the CP with the Radius account, but I cannot use Internal database for backup, and I need to do some config in Windows NPS .InstantCP.PNG

Thanks

im missing a bit of a question in your last post.

you did create the user in the internal database? how did you test it didn't work?

using the internal database as a backup for the external radius doesn't feel like a very solid solution. it means you have to create user double.

Actually, I want some guest account store in Radius Server and some guest account store in local database for some reason, so I need two auth server (Radius+local DB) to do that, is that possible?

Thanks

that depends if you can do a fall through on instant, so that if the first source fails with a deny it tries the next. you should be able to check for that on the GUI. if there isn't something like that and it is meant to prevent a server outage it won't work.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: