Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Internal DB Administration

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Internal DB Administration

Posted Jan 24, 2012 12:20 PM

Hello,

I´m using captive portal and I have a few differents  guest admin accounts and I would like to know if I can limit the number of clients that a guest admin can create and also if I can see the logs of guest connections??

BR.

• 2.  RE: Internal DB Administration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2012 01:04 PM

@solo_11 wrote:

Hello,

I´m using captive portal and I have a few differents  guest admin accounts and I would like to know if I can limit the number of clients that a guest admin can create and also if I can see the logs of guest connections??

BR.

You cannot limit the number of users created with the controller's built-in captive portal.  You can certainly do this with amigopod http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/management-security-software-2/amigopod-visitor-management-2

To see logs of guest users connection, you would have to turn on debugging.  You also would probably want to direct the output of the controller to a syslog server to keep historical logs:

config t
    logging level debugging security process authmgr
    subcat all

You would then type "show log security 50" to see the authentication activity of those users and/or log to an external syslog server.