Security

Contributor I

Is it possible to define separate password options for random passwords vs. user defined passwords?

I wonder if any one else has run into this requirement (?)  I recently ran a demo of clearpass guest with our internal clients and some of the sponsor users asked if it was possible to define a separate set of password options for "randomly generated" versus "user edited/defined" passwords. It doesn't seem to be a supported option today on ClearPass version 6.4.x... 

Honestly I am not sure why they would want to support that...  But I guess in some cases it would make sense.  For example they would like to define a list of "Disallowed Password Characters" for the randomly generated passwords.  But would like to remove that restriction for "user defined/edited" passwords.   I guess that makes sense.  

I am currious if anyone else has run into this? Or if there are plans to support this in future releases?

thnx

Aruba

Re: Is it possible to define separate password options for random passwords vs. user defined passwor

Have you looked at the following fields to add to your guest creation form?   I am not sure you can define specific excluded characters, but it should allow you to set different random password types for different forms.

• random_password_length
  • random_password_method
------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: