Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 09:53 AM

I apologize for my ignorance, but I am completely new to ClearPass and I don't have a full understanding of it, yet. Our IT team recently invested in ClearPass would like us to utilize it as much as possible. For an in-house project I am building a custom Web API to utilize in some of our other applications.

Is there a way to integrate ClearPass for authentication into our custom built applications?

Is there a way to integrate ClearPass for authentication for the Web API that I am currently building?

If someone an point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:25 AM

Hi,

I would imagine that web based authentication could be utilised for such authentication requests.

CPPM web based authentication

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 02:14 PM

Thank you both!

James, I am not sure that I would want to redirect the users to a login page.

Tim, your solution seems more of what I'm looking for. However, I'm dissapointed that there isn't any documention for it, but I guess we'll just have to contact our Aruba partner.

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:34 PM
    You could likely use ClearPass as an OAuth2 authenticator but there isn't any documentation unfortunately. You may want to ping your Aruba ClearPass partner.