Security

New Contributor

Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

I apologize for my ignorance, but I am completely new to ClearPass and I don't have a full understanding of it, yet. Our IT team recently invested in ClearPass would like us to utilize it as much as possible. For an in-house project I am building a custom Web API to utilize in some of our other applications.

Is there a way to integrate ClearPass for authentication into our custom built applications?

Is there a way to integrate ClearPass for authentication for the Web API that I am currently building?

If someone an point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated!

MVP

Re: Is it possible to use ClearPass for authentication in a custom Web API?

Hi,

I would imagine that web based authentication could be utilised for such authentication requests.

CPPM web based authentication

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

You could likely use ClearPass as an OAuth2 authenticator but there isn't any documentation unfortunately. You may want to ping your Aruba ClearPass partner.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you both!

James, I am not sure that I would want to redirect the users to a login page.

Tim, your solution seems more of what I'm looking for. However, I'm dissapointed that there isn't any documention for it, but I guess we'll just have to contact our Aruba partner.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: