Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 02:30 AM

I was thinking of making use of the application for content filtering for user roles for a multi-site deployment. We'll probably upgrade the controller to a 7000 series (probably a 7030) and since this is supported on the controller, I would rather use it than implement a separate filtering solution.

Deployment scenario would be multiple sites connected to a central AC (7030). Users would be classified via the access set by a portal, using user roles. Each roles is configured on the AC for AppRF filtering. We're looking at about 20,000 users /day across 5 sites.

Would appreciate any feedback if this is possible with AppRF, as well if Aruba also provides support for the feature.

• 2.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 08:23 AM
    A 7030 is not designed for 20k users. You should look at a 7200 for that. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 09:25 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the advise, any thoughts on the AppRF?

@cappalli wrote:
    A 7030 is not designed for 20k users. You should look at a 7200 for that. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 4.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

Posted Apr 25, 2016 02:23 PM

Hi, Any update?

Check if this apply too:

I want to set the AppRF Throttle Application to Skype for business.... 

I want enable the "AppRF -> Throttle Application" to Lync in this Univeristy (Not Online, Is "on premise") now Skype4B, i have some issues about all point where the details needs to be configured, my context is complex:

I´m not the Switched LAN Manager, I´m not the Lync/AD Server Manager, I´m just the IT staff and the WLAN Manager and I config the WLAN like a 802.1X EAP-PEAP (NPS radius with third party certificate with Rol and VLAN Vendor-Specific attributes)... We have a lot of devices (BYOD) have little details (like EAP phase 2 and OS/Drivers updates) with the conections and the LAN is "wide open" (with no 802.1x, no QoS in all VLANs, no L2 ACLs/IPS, etc..). I already tell to the Lync Server Manager that we need use the "API SDN Lync" but... so:

What do i have to do in each point (WLAN, Servers, LAN Switches, DHCP/DNS services?) to tell my boss "This need to be done and this is how to do it and by who and where AND this is how can you audit if all is done because i´m just the WLAN Manager!!".

Best regards! :)

• 5.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2016 02:45 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your question. What specifically do you need assistance with?

• 6.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

Posted Apr 25, 2016 03:57 PM

Hi,

First: Thank you for the fast response and the patience to my English.

1. Please write all the configs that WE need to do on the different places:
      LAN Switched Network configuration (Wired) like QoS (EndToEnd) or another stuff that could be required and best practices tips/tricks in other protocols like LLDP, Hungry chatty protocols like NetBIOS,Multicast/IPv6 blocks with Dynamic/Static ACLs, etc... (i´m NOT the LAN MANAGER so I just can say: "In Aruba says that some details in the config on the LAN needs to be done").
    2. Lync (Skype for Business) servers configuration, are any document that i can tell to the Server Admin that he need read to best performance (like the "SDN API for Lync" that saw in 2015) in the WLAN?.
    3. What DNS/DHCP/AD configuration needs to be done (something to audit it) just to check if are all right (some defaults works but are not the best config).
    4. Firewall (LAN) optimization configurations like ALG´s or something that can we audit to to see if security and performance is the optimal.
    5. Obviously what can i do in the controller (my stuff) like best practice (something that someone can audit it me)

I don't see anything in the UCC Dashboard in the controller (I test using Lync in my tablet, celphone and in laptops) by the way... 

Best regards.

• 7.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2016 04:04 PM
    You should work with your Aruba Partner.

We don't have any idea how your network is designed and these questions
    can't be easily answered in this environment.

• 8.  RE: Is the AppRF v2 ready for enterprise deployment?

Posted Apr 27, 2016 01:26 PM

Hi,

There is no partner near to me that can help me... (is no business for they -no money- This is a very Good Public University but with no enought $ resources and obviously not enough assigned to this type of "details"...)....

So: Try any help/tips/tricks, are welcome! :-)

Anyway: Thank you! 

Best regards.