Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?

Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:00 AM

Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard?

Allied to this - which of these need QuickConnect?

• 2.  RE: Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:03 AM
    Yes, they are listed in the user guide:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.6/Guest/Default.htm#Onboar
    d/SupportedPlatforms.htm%3FTocPath%3DOnboard|About%2520ClearPass%2520Onboard
    |_____3

Android uses QuickConnect from the App Store.

Windows uses a QuickConnect executable downloaded during the Onboard
    process.

• 3.  RE: Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?

Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:12 AM

Thanks Tim - it never occurred to me that OnBoard might be included within the Guest documentation;  I always think of it as something rather separate - not least because you need to order it separately  (unless you're using Enterprise lics, I guess).   :)

• 4.  RE: Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?

Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:41 AM

On a related subject - the Sales documentation for OnBoard states that 'Chromebook' is supported (by which I assume this means Chrome OS on things like ChromeBox, as well as Chromebooks), though this isn't mentioned specifically in the User Guide.  Does that mean it's supported, like other things not specifically listed, using web-based enrollment, or is there something more sophisticated for Chrome specifically?

• 5.  RE: Is there a list of which OSes (and OS versions) are supported by OnBoard? Which need QuickConnect?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:51 AM
    At the end of the user guide, there is a dedicate Chromebook section.