Security

New Contributor

Issue with guest self-registration

Morning folks,

I'm trying to deploy a new guest self registration site and running into an, what i think is, an ldap/email issue.  Version is the latest, 6.7.0.35289, with Cisco WLC.  Basic auth works fine with a login page and static accounts.  Self-reg without 'require sponsor confirmation' also works fine.  When I have 'require sponsor confirmation' enabled i have issues.  

I added a sponsor_lookup field to the form used by the page and on the self-reg page i'm able to lookup people via AD.  However when i try to register i get an error 'This account could not be found.'  If I use the sponsor_email field instead of sponsor_lookup and manually enter an email address, it all works fine.

The ldap/email issue, i think, is this; under the attribue mapping on the AD server properties, i had to change sponsor_email from userPrincipalName to mail as in this schema userPrincipalName is mapped to an invalid email address.

Now this is a brand new deployment and also the first time i've used Clearpass so I might be missing something obvious here.  Anyone have ideas on this or is there a way to see what's generating the account could not be found error?  None of the monitoring pages generate anything when the error occurs.

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: