Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 07:03 AM

Hello Guys, 

I am wondering if somone can help me with this. I am working on resolving an issue, where users connected to the Guest network are having issues accessing VDI's which are hosted in company's internale network. I have added the vmaware predefined acl for the Guest profile. I can get to the logon portal, but once I have signed in the VDI does not come up. 

I am pretty sure that I am missing some config here, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks 

Ali

• 2.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:28 AM

If you haven't opened a TAC case, please open one in parallel.  The VDI acl is for optimizing VDI traffic, not allowing it, so you need to look at your routing infrastructure and Vmware documentation about what ports are needed to be allowed to run VDI successfully.

• 3.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:52 AM

Hi Colin, 

Thanks for your comment. I will open the TAC case shortly. I am able to access the VDI through internal network/SSID's. The issue only appears when I am connected to Guest network. I have allowed the address/url and IP for the terminal servers in the acl. I am able to login to the vmware portal and select the VM pool but thats where i am stuck at this point VM should load up but I am just getting a blank screen. 

Thanks

Ali

• 4.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:57 AM
    Is the guest network natted? What is allowed from your guest network back into your network for vdi?

• 5.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 10:40 AM

Hi, 

Guest network is going out to the internet from a different gateway then the internal network. I only have access to the controllers at the moment so cant check the firewall to confirm what is allowed from the guest network to internal/VDI network. But i think it should work because Guest is accessing the VDI port from outside. 

Ali

• 6.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 10:42 AM
    Without knowing the firewall configuration, we might be at a significant disadvantage. Why don't you change your guest role to allow everything, to rule out blocked ports?

• 7.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 12:10 PM

Hi, 

so changed Guest role and added allow all and can access the VDI now. But I dont want to the Guest traffic to all internal resources..Is there any way for me to check which port the connection is using? or to figure out which port to allow?

Ali

• 8.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 12:13 PM

The command below will show you all of the traffic for that client:

show datapath session table <client-ip>

• 9.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 12:37 PM

okkk.I have the IP which I have to allow now, it is using port 8443. How can I allow a specifci port on the controller? 

Thanks for your help!

Ali

• 10.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 01:28 PM

You configure firewall policies in the user role (in this case guest).  A chapter on how to configure them is here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/Policies.htm

• 11.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jul 23, 2015 07:33 AM

Thanks for your help cjospeh, managed to solve the issue. 

Kind Regards, 

A

• 12.  RE: Issues accessing VDI through Guest Network

Posted Jun 11, 2018 08:22 AM

Can u please send me VDI  configuration or which u tested in your environment. I am not understand where we start VDI and clearpass integration.

my Mail id is --devendrapsat@gmail.com