Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

Posted Sep 29, 2016 07:37 PM

Hi everyone!

I’m facing an issue regarding to the recent securelogin revoked certificate.

I had followed the Arubas’s recommendation and I have now a public wildcard certificate. I installed the certificate on the Virtual Controller for captive portal. On Clearpass, web login configuration, I replaced securelogin.arubanetworks.com with something.company.com –“*  Address: ” field. My cert is *.company.com.

Guest users associate to the SSID and then they are redirected to clearpass login form. They validate their credentials and then redirected to https://something.company.com/cgi-bin/login. Any kind of browser says:

something.company.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

And then no access to the network.

Before Aruba’s certificate revoked, doing a nslookup to securelogin.arubanetworks.com returns an address 172.31.98.1, that points do the virtual controller.

I’m confused… how to get guest users connected with clearpass and a public wildcard certificate? There is any cookbook? I spent several hours googling and nothing comes up.

Thanks and best regards,

JM

• 2.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

• 3.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 11:02 PM

@Joao Martins wrote:

Hi everyone!

I’m facing an issue regarding to the recent securelogin revoked certificate.

I had followed the Arubas’s recommendation and I have now a public wildcard certificate. I installed the certificate on the Virtual Controller for captive portal. On Clearpass, web login configuration, I replaced securelogin.arubanetworks.com with something.company.com –“*  Address: ” field. My cert is *.company.com.

Guest users associate to the SSID and then they are redirected to clearpass login form. They validate their credentials and then redirected to https://something.company.com/cgi-bin/login. Any kind of browser says:

something.company.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

And then no access to the network.

Before Aruba’s certificate revoked, doing a nslookup to securelogin.arubanetworks.com returns an address 172.31.98.1, that points do the virtual controller.

I’m confused… how to get guest users connected with clearpass and a public wildcard certificate? There is any cookbook? I spent several hours googling and nothing comes up.

Thanks and best regards,

JM

tl;dr

Wildcard Certificates are supported starting in Instant 6.5.0.0-4.3.0.0 Early Deployment code.

• 4.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

Posted Oct 24, 2016 06:27 PM

Hi!

Thanks everubody, indeed version 6.5.0 solved the issue.

Everything working well as expected.

Thanks!

JM 

• 5.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

Posted Feb 02, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi.

I am having the exact same issue that you had. The virtual controller does not intercept DNS traffic to server.somecompany.com (that I have changed the value to in Clearpass).

I am also running 6.5.0.0-4.3.0.0.

After you installed the *-cert in the virtual controller did you do anything else? Restart all APs for instance?

Best regards,

Petter Miller

• 6.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

Posted Feb 02, 2017 07:51 PM

Hi Petter.

Please check something like this on Clearpass Guest Management:

q3.PNG

You must always use captiveportal-login.your.domain. I recomend you install the cert also on ClearPass (no big deal, it´s a *.cert), not mandatory for this case.

If you accomplish this, I believe you have solved the issue.

Let us know if you have been successful.

Best regards,

Joao Martins

• 7.  RE: Issues regarding CPP Guest Access and IAP securelogin.arubanetworks.com revoked cert

Posted Feb 03, 2017 01:28 AM

Hi Joao.

captiveportal-login.your.domain resolved the issue. It now resolves captiveportal-login.your.domain to the internal VC address 172.31.98.1 which is correct. 

I had already installed the *-cert on both the virtual controller and on Clearpass. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for helping out.

Best regards,

Petter