Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

JAMF dictionary methods for endpoint context server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  JAMF dictionary methods for endpoint context server

Posted Apr 13, 2018 04:25 PM

I'm investigating adding JAMF as an endpoint context server to our ClearPass environment to help identify JAMF managed Macbooks.

While adding our JAMF server I've run into some issues with it being able to poll.  I've verified the URL is correctly entered, routing to/from the JAMF server works, DNS queries work, and that the user/pass I enter is correct.  I'm unfortunately still getting a 401/404 error no matter what I do.  The JAMF server doesn't even see an attempt coming in from the ClearPass ip address, though it does see my successful logins/failures from my laptop.

I noticed after adding the Endpoint Context Server that there are also dictionary methods which can be applied to these objects.  One of those is related to JAMF.  I am unsure whether any JAMF related dictionary methods have to be added - can anyone confirm whether it can get by with just being added as an Endpoint Context Server, or what the use case for additional dictionary methods would be?

• 2.  RE: JAMF dictionary methods for endpoint context server

Posted Apr 14, 2018 08:23 PM

I've also been having weird enpoint context server problems over the last few months with the last few versions of Clearpass. This includes both to JAMF and to Google Admin Console. It seems to sync sometimes and/or somewhat, but doesn't sync to either systems completely anymore. It seems others are having this issue based on the release notes.

• 3.  RE: JAMF dictionary methods for endpoint context server

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:37 PM

Yeah I'm seeing WARN level errors where it never seems to fully sync:

2018-04-17-jamf.PNG

In regards to the dictionary methods for JAMF, these are actually just API calls to the JAMF server.  You can define more specific actions using context server actions such as DELETE, POST, GET, PUT.  Obviously beware when playing around with anything but a GET.

• 4.  RE: JAMF dictionary methods for endpoint context server

Posted Apr 17, 2018 03:50 PM

Is this a Clearpass software problem, or has the process changed and the documentation not been updated? I started having issues in like 6.6.8 I think and it has continued to the newest most current version as of today. It was syncing AT ALL in a short lived 6.7 version.