Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

K12 Guest Network for different sites

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  K12 Guest Network for different sites

Posted Nov 15, 2015 07:57 PM

I am a K12 with 150 school sites. I am in the process of pushing a guest network out to the schools. My sponsors are set by AD. My fear is that the kids from one school will be trying to e-mail the sponsors at other schools? Can you set the sponsors by AP group? Or will I need a different SSID guest network for each school?

• 2.  RE: K12 Guest Network for different sites

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2015 07:59 PM
    You can have a different guest registration per site. The question is, do your users know who the sponsor is? Maybe it can be centralized in that when users come onsite they are asked if they need internet to avoid complexity.

• 3.  RE: K12 Guest Network for different sites

Posted Nov 15, 2015 08:07 PM

The users would be non students and employees.  These would  be people who are walking into the building asking for access to the netwok.  I am creating a cative portal right now.  Are you saying that I should not be creating a CP?  The sponsors would be the front desk employees and that is different from school to school.

• 4.  RE: K12 Guest Network for different sites
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2015 08:10 PM

Every K-12 requires a user to stop at the front desk. You can make a captive portal, but have the person that checks people in distribute credentials either by printing it out and handing it to them, or sending them an email through the guest creation screen when they arrive.