Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP Referrals

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  LDAP Referrals

Posted Apr 23, 2012 07:34 PM

Hey All,

We currently are using LDAP to authenticate to our wireless.  We’ve built an AD trust between our domain and our parent company’s domain, so we don’t have to create accounts for people who already exist within our parent company.  I’m trying to get our 3200 controller (6.1 code) to be able to authenticate users within the other domain.  Can the controllers handle LDAP referrals?  I’ve tried setting it up, but keeps getting a “User not found” error when debugging security process authmgr.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: LDAP Referrals

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2012 12:09 AM

You need to authenticate to the "global catalog" for this to work:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728188(v=ws.10).aspx

Point to the global catalog server, like if it is an ldap server and make the port 3268, instead of 389.

• 3.  RE: LDAP Referrals

Posted Apr 26, 2012 03:48 PM

Two different groups handle the two different domains.  So I'm not sure how willing they would be to using Global Catalog, especially when on domain probably has close to 100,000 users.  But thanks for the recommendation.

But I believe I found out the issue I was having.  It was a combination of pointing to the wrong server and a firewall dropping packets.  Just waiting for the FW to be updated.