Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer

Posted Dec 16, 2015 12:12 PM

Has anyone had any success setting up load balancing clearpass radius using Citrix Netscaler?

• 2.  RE: Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer

Posted Dec 16, 2015 12:53 PM

Greg,

We've not specifically looked at NetScaler [but your timing is good], but we are engaged with Citrix and are looking at multiple opportunity's where we have touch points in our products and frameworks, one of these is NetScaler. 

Hopefully you have seen I have a published Technote the covers F5 BigIP.... in theory all of the key features exist in NetScaler.... basic SLB / HChecks / RADIUS 1812/1813 / HTTP / HTTPS  so it should just be a process to build and test.

That's the good news, the bad news is that its not a project I have on my radar in the short term [before Q1 2016].

HTH.

F5 TechNote here CPPM and F5 Load-Balancing TechNote v1.0.pdf

• 3.  RE: Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2015 02:37 PM

thanks Danny. We currently have LB setup for 1812 and 1813 using persistance = CLIENT.UDP.RADIUS.USERNAME with a method of TOKEN = CLIENT.UDP.RADIUS.USERNAME

• 4.  RE: Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer

Posted May 11, 2016 10:07 AM

has there been any update on the NetScaler guide similar to the F5 one for LB clear pass

thanks

• 5.  RE: Load balancing clearpass using a hardware loadbalancer

Posted Feb 08, 2019 01:06 PM

Just wanted to bump this up. I'm having issues with getting NetScaler and ClearPass to work properly. Right now we have radius working fine but the Guest captive portal page is hit or miss. 

In the NetScaler we're just passing 1812, 1813 (for radius) and 443 (for the captive portal). 

Testing radius it looks to work each time, but when trying to hit the captive portal page it is hit or miss. Is there a best practice or a guide similar to F5 for netscaler?