Security

MVP

Location Based Printing - Non Apple Devices

I'd like to know if there are any Aruba specific technologies that will facilitate location based printing over wi-fi for non-Apple based laptops?  Specifically, laptops in VLAN A need to be able to find printers that are only near to them which could be in VLAN B, C, D, etc.  I thought Airgroup would be able to do this, but it seems to only work for bonjour based protocols.  Since this is native Windows printing I don't believe Airgroup will be able to do what I need.  Can anyone confirm or provide examples of how they accomplish this?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: Location Based Printing - Non Apple Devices

[ Edited ]

Windows can do "zero-touch" printing using DLNA/UPnP (which uses SSDP, the standards-based version of what Apple does). If you are running AOS 6.4, you will have these options inside of AirGroup and can do location-based restrictions in ClearPass using the AirGroup registration forms.

dlna-printing.png

Here's a high level overview of Network Discovery in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-network-discovery#1TC=windows-7

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Re: Location Based Printing - Non Apple Devices

Awesome!  Thanks for the info, Tim.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: