Security

Contributor II

Log AAA accounting info from clearpass to 3rd party servers

Hello Guys,

'

Is there an option in Aruba Clearpass to send all accounting information i.e. present under "Monitoring" (like user login to switch, commands using in switch, network utilization) to some external third party servers for logging?

We could use that info in future references.

Thank you,

Bharani..

Re: Log AAA accounting info from clearpass to 3rd party servers

Here's what is available (6.2.4.58896):2014-01-18 17_57_26-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

2014-01-18 17_55_34-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

Read the user guide page 258

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba

There is also a feature request in for cppm to relay accounting but I don't have a commit version yet.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Super Contributor I

The feature to proxy accounting packets had been in CPPM since 6.5.x I think. Problem is that its slightly broken. I wanted to add a Filter-Id attribute to the accounting packets with the value of the inner-tunnel User-Name attribute stripped of any realm info and send it to a FreeRadius server for processing. It does do this but as of 6.6.0 still makes up the valiue of userid that gets sent in the Filter-Id attribute.

Tested it on a standalone dev server and it seemed to work. Applied it to our 5 server production cluster and ..... it screwed up.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: