Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Lots of authentication issues with devices

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 10:33 AM

Hi,

i'm experiencing lots of AD authentication issues on - i believe ios - devices (we're still in pre-production fase so user feedback is minimal).  On my personal Iphone daily initial clearpass guest portal authentication works perfectly.  Some hours later i need to re-authenticate.  It happens a lot i have to authenticate multiple times before i get access.  Funny thing is, i do not have to re-enter username and password, simply pressing logon is sufficiant. Proving the problem is not with an incorrect password.

In tracker i see : can't contact LDAP server.  But i'm 100% certain this is not true.  I've been doing an 'ad auth' test on the console frequently, and this always succeeds!

Anyone having similar issues?  I'm using the latest patches (cumulative 4).

• 2.  RE: Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 10:47 AM

What type of NAS device are you using ? 

• 3.  RE: Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:17 AM

We use Aruba AP-105's connected to 7210 controller.  NAS type in guest manager : Aruba Networks (RFC 3576 support).

• 4.  RE: Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:43 AM

what you are saying is that you use the guest portal to do AD authentication ? is that correct?

• 5.  RE: Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 01:30 PM

Yes, that is correct.

• 6.  RE: Lots of authentication issues with devices

Posted Aug 05, 2014 01:32 PM
    In that case you need to do some of Mac caching so they doesn't have keep reauthenticating every time the user session it's lost