Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC-Auth Expiry for set time of day.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  MAC-Auth Expiry for set time of day.

Posted Jan 08, 2016 10:00 AM

Is it possible to set the MAC-Auth expiry to a set time of day?  The customer is looking to have all guest endpoints expire at midnight each day. I'm trying to do this through MAC-Auth Expiry as all guest login through a simple click to accept portal using a predefined guest account which never expires.  I've not yet been able to find a filter that would set the expire time for "current day at 11:59PM".  All filters I've seen for Time Source just tag the current time and add the predefined attribute.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: MAC-Auth Expiry for set time of day.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 10:02 AM
    You would want to create your own time source attribute.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: MAC-Auth Expiry for set time of day.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2016 10:56 AM

I had a similar requirement and I found this post useful to get me started: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-disconnect-Users-at-a-specified-time/m-p/212407/thread-id/16287/highlight/true

You definitely need to play around with the [Time Source] attributes and create your own. Then you can use it in the enforcement policies.

• 4.  RE: MAC-Auth Expiry for set time of day.

Posted Jan 11, 2016 09:47 AM

Thanks, raff.  That was the query example I was searching for.  I took that and modified it to match the requirement.