Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC Firewall Policy won't save

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  MAC Firewall Policy won't save

Posted Jan 24, 2012 10:07 AM

I've been trying to create a mac address policy to restrict 1 ssid to company phones only. Every time i create the policy it looks fine, I apply it and save the configuration but it does not seem to save. This could just be me being dumb. I have only started administering this recently.

Anyone got any ideas?

• 2.  RE: MAC Firewall Policy won't save

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2012 10:29 AM

Which screen are you on, and what are you trying to apply?

• 3.  RE: MAC Firewall Policy won't save

Posted Jan 24, 2012 10:36 AM

After i apply and save the config. This policy is no longer there

aruba.JPG

• 4.  RE: MAC Firewall Policy won't save

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2012 10:48 AM

Okay, do you want to say, "anything that begins with this mac address I want it to have Y role", or "I want to put in a list of mac addresses and only these macs will be able to pass"?  Which one?

For the first, you would create a user derivation rule, instead and attach it to the AAA profile of your WLAN (Configuration> Security> Authentication> User Rules Tab..

user-rule

For the second way, you would enter a list of mac addresses in the local database, configure a mac authentication profile and mac authentication server group and assign it to a AAA profile (user guide Chapter 19: MAC Based Authentication).