Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MACtrac

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  MACtrac

Posted May 31, 2018 03:45 AM

Hi,

I have MACtrac configured using the following guide:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unlisted-1/How-To-Advanced-Device-Registration-in-ClearPass-November-MHC/td-p/217291

Everything is working well but a request has come in where by when our Service Desk create devices on behalf of other users by entering their username of the end user in the sponsor_name field, the device will not show up within the list of devices for the end user who's username was entered in the sponsor_name field logs in as an operator.

Is there a way of getting around this?

Cheers

Shaun

• 2.  RE: MACtrac

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2018 10:35 AM

MACTrac is more of a self-regstration portal, wouldn't it be easier to let the other users just create their own devices in MACTrac? You can customize the fields required so it only needs a name and MAC address from them.

I've registered devices for other operator profiles, but never specific users. Not sure it's flexibility there.

• 3.  RE: MACtrac

Posted May 31, 2018 10:50 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply,

Yep that's exactly how I have it configured, I've advised our Service Desk to help the user while they're logged into MACtrac instead of the end user emailing them the MAC address to do it for them.

Our previous NAC had the facility to register devices on behalf of others and it seems that our Service Desk aren't happy with the new way of working within Clearpass.

It's not a problem though I'll get through to them, I was just wondering if there was a way around it but not to worry if the flexibility isn't there.

Cheers

Shaun

• 4.  RE: MACtrac

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2018 10:54 AM

Shaun,

It may be possible to modify the registered account or make it visible for modification during regsitration, but by default I don't think it allows the change.

If you look at forms, and find the one for registration, you may be able to make some tweeks for the service desk.

• 5.  RE: MACtrac

Posted May 08, 2019 08:00 AM

When I try to download the document from below link i get an error that the document is unavailable. Can this document be provided please? I am looking at implementing "ClearPass Device Registration" (formerly MACTrac)

https://www.arubanetworks.com/stq=http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unlisted-1/How-To-Advanced-Device-Registration-in-ClearPass-November-MHC/td-p/217291

• 6.  RE: MACtrac

Posted Aug 23, 2019 02:19 PM

I also have a desire to get this service up and running but the link to the resource says "access denied" with my partner creds.  Can someone fix that or post this in another partner accessible location please.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

• 7.  RE: MACtrac

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2019 11:45 AM

same here