03-14-2012 09:24 PM
I was recently completing a demo of Amigopod and ran into trouble with the MDPS function.
I setup pretty much everything as per default settings and created Wi-Fi and provisioining profiles however when i complete the login and profile download to the IOS device, when i click install i am prompted with an error saying " Could not connect to the server"
The MDPS logs show the following as the last entry.
MDPS Access [id/1/4]: Phase 1 - Send Profile Service
'method' => 'GET',
'scheme' => 'http',
'host' => '172.27.151.62',
'port' => '80',
'uri' => '/mdps_profile.php/id/1/4',
I'm thinking that this is probably just a config error however thought i'd throw it out to the forum before i hassle the TAC.
03-14-2012 10:09 PM
Was your demo setup on an Open SSID by any chance. You might be hitting the challenge of iOS automatically trying to detect the presence of a captive portal enabled network and displayed a mini browser or web sheet. This is known as the Apple Captive Network Assistant and will result in the WiFi being dropped on the client if a successful web authentication is not detected - this causes issues stepping through an enrolment workflow such as the MDPS one you are testing.
Take a look at this feature in Amigopod designed to bypass the display of this mini browser and allow you to leverage the native Safari browser for the entire provisioning process.
03-27-2012 08:09 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding, yes we were using open SSID and using 5.0.3 on controller so sounds like you're right on the money with this one.
I will suss this out with the client and see if we can get it going.