Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Mac Block issues

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Mac Block issues

Posted Aug 22, 2012 06:30 PM

Hello.

I have been blocking macs successfully for sometime now using: (Aruba6000-Main) # stm add-blacklist-client XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  from the CLI.      Typing (Aruba6000-Main) #  show ap blacklist-clients  would show Remaining time Permanent.  This now comes up with Remaining time 3600 and is only blocked for 3600 seconds.  Any Ideas of what changed?  Also would blacklisted clients list empty on controller reboot?  Thanks for your help

• 2.  RE: Mac Block issues
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2012 09:10 PM

In the Virtual AP, there is a blacklist timer.  If a client is connected to that Virtual AP when you blacklist it, the remaining time, would be the virtual AP timer.  If the client is NOT connected, it is permanent.

ArubaOs 6.x made the blacklist timer survive a reboot.

• 3.  RE: Mac Block issues

Posted Aug 23, 2012 12:03 PM

Got it.  Boot them off first than block them.  Thank you

• 4.  RE: Mac Block issues

Posted Oct 19, 2012 11:24 AM

Hello. 

Each time the aruba controller reboots the blacklist disappears... im using the ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba2400), Version 3.3.1.5.

Do you know in which OS version the blockages stays even if we reboot the controller?

Thank you in advance.

• 5.  RE: Mac Block issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2012 11:48 AM

• 6.  RE: Mac Block issues

Posted Dec 12, 2012 01:20 PM

I was running into this same situation and I changed the timeout value in the gui, but my blacklisted clients were still set to 3600 seconds. In order to make this a permanent blacklist, I had to go into the controllers command-line and use the ap ap-blacklist-time 0 command. After that all my blacklist clients were perm.

• 7.  RE: Mac Block issues

Posted Jan 17, 2013 09:00 AM

I believe it comes into play when a client is not associated with a vap, so the default controller time is implemented. This has to be done for each local controller. It's not pushed down from the master. I haven't seen a place in the gui to set this value.