Security

Frequent Contributor I

Mac Caching until specific date

Hi guys,

I'm dealing with a sceanroi where i have to do mac caching until a specific date. We are building a guest access for schools.

Pupils should authenticate only once per school year.

So we defined 31th July a the last day of one school year.

So i tried to solve this challenge with the [Time Source] Authentication source.

But I  have no idea how to solve this problem.

Setting guest accout expiry to this fixed date in July will not solve my problem because there will be pupils who will be not allowed to use guest network all the time. 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Mac Caching until specific date

Can you expand on this? Not understanding:

"Setting guest accout expiry to this fixed date in July will not solve my problem because there will be pupils who will be not allowed to use guest network all the time."

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Pupils are handicaped so they are logged into guest network once with assistance by the teacher. Pupils should not have internetaccess all the time. They only are allowed to use internet if teacher grants the access. While teacher grants acces for one day and the endpoint is already in endpoint database there should be no need to relogin via cp.

So for sure there is a difference between mac caching time and guest account time.

My configuration checks expiry date of guest account AND expiry time in endpoint database.

Guru Elite

Sorry, but I'm still struggling to understand the different users / workflows at play here. Have you reached out to your Aruba partner?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: