Security

Frequent Contributor II

MacTrac and Guest in one Policy

I am wanting to create a custom Service in Clearpass Policy Manager.  The policy will check if a device is in the MacTrac device database and give an appropriate role if found, if not it will look in the Guest cached devices database, and give a guest role if found.  Lastly it will captive portal the device if neither of these conditions are met.   I am familar with LDAP connections, but the internal databases like guest repository and insight database, are a little fuzzy to me. 

What call would I make to determine if a device is in the Mactrac database?

What call would I then make to determine if the device is cached in the guest devices database?

Do I need to do anything to properly expire guest devices in Clearpass policy manager? or is that done is Clearpass Guest?

Thanks

clearpass1.jpg

Guru Elite

Re: MacTrac and Guest in one Policy

Try something like this:

single-service-mac-auth.PNG

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Frequent Contributor II

I have seen the days-since-auth thing before, but I don't understand what that does for me as far as guest access is concerened?  It would seem that that makes sure they are online every day? what actually expires the account after the max time has been reached? is that a function of clearpass Guest?     Thank you so much this should get me moving.

Guru Elite

You don't have to use that. It just makes them enter their credentials again if they haven't authenticated to the network within the past day. It is independent of the actual guest account.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: