Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Make wlan controller to handle peap-eap auth/certificates

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Make wlan controller to handle peap-eap auth/certificates

Posted Aug 28, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi All,

We have been stuck in an issue regarding certificates from a win2008 radius server. In order to make our eap-peap authentication to work we have to install the winserver's certificate in each user's pc. Is there a way to have the controller to handle this task instead of install the certificate in all computers?

My controller's model is 3400 with version 6.4.2.17

regards!

• 2.  RE: Make wlan controller to handle peap-eap auth/certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 09:43 AM

How are your user's supplicants being configured? Are they managed using a GPO/EMM solution?

Is your certificate public or privately signed?

• 3.  RE: Make wlan controller to handle peap-eap auth/certificates

Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:04 AM

it is a private cert generated by auto in the server. and as supplicant we are not using a specific one (I believe the one we have windows as default) , we just propagate the SSID without termination setting.

so far I can see we have the CSR generated in the certification option.

• 4.  RE: Make wlan controller to handle peap-eap auth/certificates
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:12 AM

If you don't want to add the certificate manually, you'll need to get a public CA-signed EAP server certificate.

Please keep in mind that using PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2 with unconfigured clients puts your user's credentials in jeopardy as this EAP method is highly susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks with unconfigured clients.