Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Manually setting device type for unprofiled device

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Manually setting device type for unprofiled device

Posted May 08, 2015 05:04 AM

Hi,

I've a couple of Kaba door locks that are being MAC-Auth'd against CPPM 6.5 One of them, set up to use dhcp  works just fine, and is  correctly identified as an Embeded/Workforce Device/Kaba.... device.

The other one doesn't use DHCP so isn''t profiled, its just sitting there as an unknown device. I can set it to be a known device, but when I try to set the  Embeded ..... Kaba settings I get an error saying that I can only change the fingerprint for a profiled device. Is there anyway round this? At the moment I'd rather not enable DHCP on the Kaba device.

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Manually setting device type for unprofiled device

Posted May 17, 2015 11:27 AM

no, i don't believe you can currently overwrite the profiled information.

what you can do is create your own custom attribute and build your rules based on that.

• 3.  RE: Manually setting device type for unprofiled device
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2015 04:01 PM

@alexsuoy wrote:

Hi,

I've a couple of Kaba door locks that are being MAC-Auth'd against CPPM 6.5 One of them, set up to use dhcp  works just fine, and is  correctly identified as an Embeded/Workforce Device/Kaba.... device.

The other one doesn't use DHCP so isn''t profiled, its just sitting there as an unknown device. I can set it to be a known device, but when I try to set the  Embeded ..... Kaba settings I get an error saying that I can only change the fingerprint for a profiled device. Is there anyway round this? At the moment I'd rather not enable DHCP on the Kaba device.

Rgds

Alex

@alexsuoy wrote:

Hi,

Rgds

Alex

@alexsuoy wrote:

Hi,

Rgds

Alex

Alex,

If it is being mac authenticated, in ClearPass 6.5, from the access tracker, you can attempt to perform an Nmap scan to get that device profiled by first clicking on the "Change Status" button:

Screenshot 2015-05-17 at 14.58.37.png

Screenshot 2015-05-17 at 14.57.05.png