Security

Occasional Contributor II

Mass push down of machine/user certificate via Onboard CA?

is there anyway to mass push down the machine/user certificate created via onboard CA? the manual way is to push down via quickconnect and this has to been done 1 by 1. 

i got another question for onboarding. upon going into the provisioning url, i will be asked to enter the credential and then ask to download quick connect. my question is, if lets say i just run quick connect without going into the provisioning page, what will happen? which cert will it push down to the client? i am just curious and i can only try next week. 

Guru Elite

Re: Mass push down of machine/user certificate via Onboard CA?

Do you have administrative control over the devices?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

yes i do have local admin for all the laptops. so is there a way to push down the certs to the client all centrally? something like pushing down the cert via GPO. or is there other ways?

MVP

[ Edited ]

not sure if this is still useful for you but perhaps then for others.

i don't believe there is funtionality to mass create and push OnBoard client certificates from ClearPass. if you could export the Onboard CA you can perhaps do something within Microsoft AD, but you would need to check with some Microsoft Windows experts on that. ClearPass uses the method of users doing this themselves as method.

your second question is don't quite get. the quickconnect client is meant to install the certificates (if that method is used) and setup some more config. if you run it without provisioning (configuring) the client it doesn't do a whole lot.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: