Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Meridian - CPPM oauth integration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Meridian - CPPM oauth integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 08:25 AM

Hello guys,

I'm trying to enhance Meridian app user experience using the oauth integration with CPPM.

I configured the CPPM part, and the tests on this configuration are OK. As you can see in the snapshot, I can get a token for a guest user and then read some info using the token

oauthTest.JPG

Then I tried to configure the "User Login" for my Meridian App, as you can see below, but when trying to connect with a Guest Clearpass account (or even when trying to create a new account with the link in the app) nothing seems to happen (it seems it does not even try to access my CPPM server. I tried to put both private and public IP address).

Meridian_CPPM_conf.JPG

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Fabien

• 2.  RE: Meridian - CPPM oauth integration

Posted Apr 08, 2016 11:12 AM

It will definitely need to be the public IP address.

I would check that you don't have any firewalls blocking the HTTPS request inbound to your Clearpass server and if that is all ok, check the Event Viewer on Clearpass to see if there are any events highlighting that the requests are being dropped.

You can run a packet capture from Clearpass (Administration -> Server Manager -> Server Configuration -> Collect Logs) which would allow you to see whether Clearpass is receiving the HTTPS packets.

Also, if you haven't already log out of the whole system in appviewer and log back in. This may help.

• 3.  RE: Meridian - CPPM oauth integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2016 06:22 AM

Wanted to let all of you know that this issue was resolved after the ClearPass HTTPS certificate was changed to a publicly trusted (official) SSL certificate.

So the Meridian integration requires a public certificate on you ClearPass server, a self-signed certificate will not work. Check the ClearPass certificates 101 TechNote if you need more information about certificates on ClearPass.