Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 05:51 AM

Hello Airheads,

we have a customer with Clearpass and Motorola controller and we are attempting to get the automatic NAS login working

on the final part of the guest process (when the guests get their receipt and hit login). Their account creation goes absolutely

fine but just falling at the last hurdle. In access tracker and event viewer there is no activity. Does anyone have any NAS login

config set up info for Motorola? cheers in advance Pete

• 2.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 11:16 AM

Sounds like the NAS login is failing.

What settings do you have under the Self-Registration NAS Login section:

Vendor Settings

Login Method

IP Address

Secure login

Dynamic Address

• 3.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 11:24 AM

hello David,

Under NAS Login

Enabled: ticked

Vendor Settings: Motorola

Login Method: Controller-initiated-Guest browser performs HTTP form submit

IP Address: <ip-address-of-the-Motorola-controller>

Secure Login: Secure login using HTTPS

cheers

Pete

• 4.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 11:41 AM

and what about the Motorola controller?

Is the NAS IP address set to the same as the IP address specified under the NAS login?

• 5.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 12:28 PM

David,

The NAS IP address entered under NAS Login on Clearpass is the IP address of the Motorola controller.

cheers

Pete

• 6.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 12, 2014 02:36 PM

I just got this working for my own customer – I apologize I don't have the exact settings - I'm not at the customer site right now.  

In their case the Guest VLAN is completely isolated from production.  The Motorala controller had interfaces on both the Guest VLAN as well as internal.  Guests are directed to the Clearpass captive portal via the Internet - they go out the guest ISP and then back in via the corporate ISP and NAT into the captive portal.

Motorola was set up as a Radius client on clearpass using the internal address of the Motorola.

After much trial-and-error we found that we needed to configure the Motorola captive portal server mode to “centralized”  (*not* "centralized controller"), set to the IP address of the Motorola’s Guest  VLAN interface, and then set the captive portal URL (under the "web page") tab to point to Clearpass.  

We also had to muck about a bit and create "welcome" and "terms" html pages which we uploaded to the Motorola, but we could have just as easily put them on Clearpass under content, I suppose.

• 7.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Apr 09, 2014 05:04 AM

This is the url that is being passed to the Motorola controller when the guests are hitting the login button.

https://10.23.7.201:444/cgi-bin/hslogin.cgi

The ip address is the Moto controller.

Does this look right to you?

cheers

Pete

• 8.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Apr 24, 2015 09:47 AM

Hi Pete,

Did you manage to make it work? I am currently having the same issue.

Thank you!

• 9.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 28, 2015 07:12 AM

hello Francois,

apologies for not getting back sooner.

We did get is working once we moved the Clearpass version on.

Once we got to 6.4 Clearpass we were able to get the solution working with a Motorola

controller. I do remember that it HAD to be https (http didn't) work.

Apart from that we ran with the default settings through to the NAS vendor settings.

Let me know if you need any more information.

cheers

Pete

• 10.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Apr 28, 2015 07:15 AM

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

We got it working as well. We are also using v6.4 and HTTPS.

We had a network issue in our LAB where the VLAN we were using couldn't reach the DNS (blocked by the firewall). So we tried using a different VLAN that we know would have access to the DNS and everything worked fine.

Thanks.

François

• 11.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Mar 11, 2016 04:38 PM

Would it be possible to share your controller config? We have been struggling with setting up the captive guest portal and Zebra support has not been able to help.

• 12.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:18 PM

^^ did you have any luck getting this to work? I have a little success in getting this setup, however not all is working as we are expecting.

We are able to have guest users authenticate using the ClearPass portal, however the expiration time limit does not function as expected. Also, when we try to terminate a guest user, we recieve errors that the CoA is not responding or accepting the commands from the CPPM

• 13.  RE: Motorola controller integration with Clearpass

Posted Dec 21, 2017 11:03 AM

Did you guys manage to get this working? I'm stuck with a similar issue.

I have our Motorola controller IP address in the NAS settings, the captive portal redirects to https://*motorola_Controller_IP*:444/cgi-bin/hslogin.cgi however I recieve a 404 'cannot reach this page' style error.