Security

Highlighted
Contributor II

Moving CPPM from CP-HW-500 Platform to VM

Wanting to move CPPM from CP-HW-500 platform to Hyper-V.  Are there any problems already known, I should be aware of?  Besides the Backup of the device, what other issues can I expect to run into?

Re: Moving CPPM from CP-HW-500 Platform to VM

What version are you running on the HW?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

We are using 6.6.8.100017 for CPPM, I three in a cluster.  I already have been looking over the release notes for 6.7.  My devices will not handle the move unless I change to a VM.

A few things:

- make sure that when you deploy your VM make sure is running 6.6.8 so you can do the backup/restore with no issues, then you can upgrade the VM instance to 6.7 (less downtime this way)

- If any certificates were installed make sure to make sure to download the cert/private key since the certs are not included in the backup , also you need to know the private key password.

- Add the VM instance to the domain.

- I recommend you create a test SSID and make sure everything works before moving it over.
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

Victor,

Thanks for the headz up!  Now since I have three devices in a cluster.  Can I run a dual setup until all the licenses are moved over to the VM.  Slowly moving licenses over or do I have to move over all at once?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: