Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple IPs for a Device

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Multiple IPs for a Device

Posted May 26, 2013 12:21 AM
    Is it possible to add multiple IPs for a device? It looks like the only options are a single IP or a network in CIDR notation. I've tried inputting several IPs separated by colons and semi-colons but CP wouldn't accept that as input. Being able to put in multiple IPs for a single device is very useful and something I've done several times in Cisco ACS. I'll submit this as a feature request if this isn't possible.

• 2.  RE: Multiple IPs for a Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2013 07:59 AM

Compnerd,

Do you mean multiple ip addresses for a NAS device like a controller or switch?  It would be interesting to hear your setup.

• 3.  RE: Multiple IPs for a Device

Posted May 26, 2013 11:04 AM
    I'd like to add multiple IPs for a device added to ClearPass. Let me give you two real world examples:

1) The TACACS source interface on a Cisco router needs to change. In Cisco ACS I'll add the new source interface ahead of time so that I don't have to stop and update the device's IP. This is useful when making multiple config changes on the router and you don't want to stop in the middle of your config because command authorization is enabled.

2) You want to enable TACACS for a multi-context device like a Cisco ACS. Each context will have its own unique IP as its source TACACS interface, and you want to add the physical ACS to ClearPass as a single device rather than separate (virtual) devices. In Cisco ACS, I will add the multi-context device once, and add each contexts IP. This allows you to have fewer devices in your ACS config.

These are my own use cases and have found it helpful to have this flexibility in ACS. Would like to see it in ClearPass.

• 4.  RE: Multiple IPs for a Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2013 12:04 PM

thecompnerd,

Thank you.

I am sure the team will appreciate your use cases.

• 5.  RE: Multiple IPs for a Device

Posted May 26, 2013 03:51 PM

I've submitted this as an idea to the support portal: https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LD7G