Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

Posted Jul 10, 2015 01:40 PM

So I can see how I can create custom Create Device pages in Clearpass Guest,  the problem I have is how I can associate multiple pages with one user.   I have for instance a HelpDesk User who may need to add a Wireless device, for MAC authentication, straightforward process,  but I also have  Wired 802.1x I want to allow the HelpDesk user to define specific roles for the wired user (not avalbile for wireless user)  I also want to be able to have a listing "View Devices"  for both wired and wireless that are filtered differently.  Is there a way to put custom entries into the menu system?

• 2.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 01:42 PM
    That user's ClearPass guest role would have access to all of those fields.
    Essentially would have a form view for each variation of access and tie them
    to CPG roles.

• 3.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

Posted Jul 10, 2015 02:06 PM

But this is still a one user to one form ratio correct?  THe helpdesk user would not have multiple forms avalible from the same login.

• 4.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 02:12 PM
    One form per role. You essentially need to create a list of access roles, create forms that match what you want them to be able to do then create the logic in policy manager to map the users to their roles.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

Posted Jul 10, 2015 02:31 PM

Ok, So currently I have that configured.  Helpdesk gets one form, Students get a different form for adding their personal devices.  The main issue is regarding having the different forms for different functions, it sounds like it is not possible to have both of them linked via the menu.. however i could link to them individiually from a different webpage correct?

• 6.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 02:39 PM
    I'm not sure I understand. You can only have one mac_create form per role.
    If you try to go to another version of the form, it will revert you to the
    one that is mapped to your role. Why not just create one form with all of
    the different fields?

Can you give us an example of what is different between the two forms?

• 7.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

Posted Jul 27, 2015 07:51 PM

So I agree that one page could do everything that role is allowed, however sometimes it is nice to compartmentalize things based on the specific task.  For instance if I may be trying to:  Add a wireless device (mac-trac)  specify a device as specific type ie printer, game console, phone. so that it can get a vlan or role. Or configure a devices Airgroup information.  Sometimes this can be confusing for the end user when it is all on one page, kind of an information overload.   I think the best way will probably to make a simple form and use the Clearpass API.  Thanks for all the help

Matt

• 8.  RE: Multiple "Create Device" pages in Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 07:54 PM
    I tend to enable AirGroup in the background and hide the enable fields. Then change the descriptions for each of the fields and add links to make it more user friendly.

Thanks,
    Tim