Security

New Contributor

NAT for guest access config question

Hi,

I am trying to setup a guest network using say 192.168.1.0/24. I want to plug one of the ports of the controller straight into the public network and want tthe congtroller to NAT all guest traffic using that public address. Since this controller will also be serving corporate traffic how do I set it up so that the guest traffic get's NATed to this public ip directly. Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: NAT for guest access config question

The only way to do this is to:

- Give the Controller a static public ip address

- Make the default-gateway of the controller the next hop router from the public ip address

- On the ip interface of the guest network, configure it as "ip nat inside" or "source nat"

- Create static routes for any "inside" subnets the controller or clients need to get to.

Quite frankly, you would do better by just having the controller bridge traffic to a router that already has a public ip address and is providing those 192.168.1.0/24 addresses and having it route that traffic, instead of the controller.  That way, you do not have to readddress your network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: