Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

NAT support

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  NAT support

Posted Feb 08, 2014 03:12 PM

Hi

Does CPPM support NAT. Users in a branch over a WAN link are NATed by the branch router. How will CPPM perform functions of AAA, profiling and onguard? Is it advisable to put a subscriber CPPM and join the cluster?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: NAT support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2014 08:21 AM

You probably need to establish a private network between the branch and your datacenter for this to work...in general.

• 3.  RE: NAT support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2014 08:21 AM

You probably need to establish a private network between the branch and your datacenter for this to work...in general.

• 4.  RE: NAT support

Posted Feb 09, 2014 11:03 AM
    I am doing testing from home at present with an ap and a 620 using a site to site VPN back to the office, just as Colin has suggested - in effect I have created a mini branch office. No problems at all for me, this is a working configuration - I even forward dhcp requests to cppm for profiling. Cool thing here is stuff like Mac caching detail and captive portal authentication is held centrally so I get the same experience when I walk into the office, so the experience is it 'just works'.