Security

NEW TechNote - ClearPass 6.5 and Fortinet Integration, covering Forti-Authenticator and FortiGate

Teams,

I’ve completed the ClearPass 6.5 and Fortinet integration Guide. It covers two methods of integration with Forti-Authenticator (RESTful Framework using ClearPass Exchange and RADIUS Accounting) and a single method for the FortiGate (only RADIUS Accounting).

Happy reading – go fill your boots..!!….. comments and feedback/suggestions graciously accepted.

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Re: NEW TechNote - ClearPass 6.5 and Fortinet Integration, covering Forti-Authenticator and FortiGat

Hi Danny 

Could you unblock the support portal so users with no login can read these docs

kind regards, jane

Guru Elite

Re: NEW TechNote - ClearPass 6.5 and Fortinet Integration, covering Forti-Authenticator and FortiGat

All Aruba documentation is available without a support account.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP

This must be 'THE' Jane Cox, i'f your asking about CPPM + Fortinet..!!!

Jane, as Tim, say ANYONE can get to the TechNotes, no credentials required.....

Note: I sent a copy of the original (1.0) and latest version (1.1) of this doc to Kash & Graham in the UK.

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
MVP

Hello 

Could you explain what benefits you would get by integrating with clearpass?

We are a Fortinet platinium partner, so we do have a lot of clients with fortigates, and im interested in this, but i would like to know of what benefit someone having a fortigate will have integrating with clearpass?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

NightShade1 wrote:

Hello 

Could you explain what benefits you would get by integrating with clearpass?

We are a Fortinet platinium partner, so we do have a lot of clients with fortigates, and im interested in this, but i would like to know of what benefit someone having a fortigate will have integrating with clearpass?

Cheers

Carlos

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=17064

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

We have this configured and it is working well for most users.  Guest SSID with MAC cache is coming through the MAC address as the user, anyone have any thoughts on how to ensure it uses their Guest username instead? 

MVP

On the mac auth apply this enforcement and see if it works.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 3.59.50 PM.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Is this technote stiil available? I am trying to find it on the aruba support center documentation but cannot get it.

Help will be much appreciated.

Guru Elite

Try here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/7961/Default.aspx

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: