Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

No access to ClearPass Policy Manager

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  No access to ClearPass Policy Manager

Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:48 PM

Hi experts,

I have just installed ClearPass in a VM. I have also added the (software evaluation) license and activated the product . However, two weird things occur:

- After setting the cluster password when prompted by the system for the first time and then changing the password for the CLI user appadmin, this password is only valid for the CLI user appadmin. For the GUI user admin, I still have to use admin/eTIPS123, which is weird as I thought this should be the same as for the CLI user appadmin.

- When trying to access the ClearPass Policy Manager with admin/eTIPS123, the CPPM screen appears as blank (attached), and therefore no action can be taken. However, I can access ClearPass Guest (attached as an example), ClearPass Onboard and ClearPass Insight successfully and the corresponding screens appear with all the icons and options as they should be. What can happen? Is there any CLI command to see if all the services are up or to see if everything is fine?

Regards,
    Julián

• 2.  RE: No access to ClearPass Policy Manager
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:55 PM
    Cluster and appadmin are different credentials than the GUI admin account. You need to change that password in the GUI.

If you’re using Chrome, a change in Chrome 58 messed with the AJAX engine. Resize your browser window and everything will appear.

• 3.  RE: No access to ClearPass Policy Manager

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:05 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks very much, as you said it is a Chrome issue and resizing the browser solved the problem. Now I can start labs with CPPM :)

For the password issue, I will change it in the GUI.

Thanks again,

Julián