Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

No more syslog messages in CPPM

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  No more syslog messages in CPPM

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:46 AM

Hello,

I have made the ClearPass Cumulative Patch 2 for 6.2.0 and 6.2.1* update this morning and now I don't get any messages from CPPM in my syslog server. I know that the syslog is working because it receive messages from others devices.

Don't know if it's really related to the update but I don't find why it's no more working.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:54 AM
    Did you check to see if your filters are still present. I know there was notes in the past releases that the filters or the the syslog server would get deleted on upgrades. I dont know off the top of my head which one it was

• 3.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:56 AM

From the release notes.....

Before You Upgrade

Before you begin the upgrade process, please review the following important items:

 User modifications on default services (dynamically received data such as Guest SSIDs) will not be carried forward after the upgrade. You must configure these inputs again after you upgrade.

Data filter and Syslog Export filter configurations will be removed after the upgrade. You may have to
    reconfigure them.

• 4.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

Posted Oct 03, 2013 03:09 AM

Thanks tarnold, I must read more carefully the release notes. Filters where still present but I have deleted them and reconfigured again. I will ckeck if it's ok now.

• 5.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

Posted Oct 03, 2013 03:14 AM

It's working fine, thanks again tarnold.

One more question, in my syslog, here is what I get as message :

10-03-201309:11:35Local1.Debug10.1.1.32013-10-03 09:11:32,680  10.1.0.3 Guest Access 3 1 0 RADIUS.Auth-Method=PAP,RADIUS.Auth-Source=Local:localhost,

As you can message, it's missing information in the message (RADIUS.), any idea why ?

• 6.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2013 03:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't have it setup in my lab. I will have to test it and get back to you. I will also work with engineering in the morning here and see what the reason why or if you just need to add an additional filter.

• 7.  RE: No more syslog messages in CPPM

Posted Oct 03, 2013 03:22 AM

Thank you Troy.