Security

Super Contributor I

Not able to connect by PEAP - ClearPass

Hi ClearPass experts,

I am starting using ClearPass and I am in my first lab. I am trying to connect to a SSID with PEAP credentials but I have problems. After adding my controller to ClearPass as a NAD and adding roles and users in the ClearPass local repository, I have configure a 802.1X wireless service with EAP-PEAP as authentication and local repository as authentication source.

I have configured a laptop to connect to the SSID by PEAP but when trying to connect the SSID, a cross appears on the SSID and when I click on it, it just asks for the password, and not for user and password credentials, like if I configured nothing:

1.png

2.png

However, when I enter the password configured in the controller for this SSID, I can connect. Then, I don't know if the problem is with the ClearPass configuration in my controller, for which I followed the first part of following topic:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Howto-Authenticate-to-an-Aruba-Controller-via-Clearpass-and/td-p/94828

Please help and if you need some configuration screenshot just ask for it. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julián

Super Contributor I

Re: Not able to connect by PEAP - ClearPass

Hi guys,

Only I needed to change the 802.11 Security setting from WPA2-PSK to WPA2 in the SSID profile in the controller:

3.PNG

Now when trying to connect it asks for credentials which is what I wanted to:

4.png

Just starting with ClearPass, occupational hazards :|

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: