Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard Agent - Scan Interval

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  OnGuard Agent - Scan Interval

Posted Jan 27, 2016 06:37 AM

Hello all,

Is it possible to configure the scan-interval for how often the OnGuard agent checks the health of the client? For instance, if I manually disable the firewall, it might take a minute or two before the agent realizes this. I will be demonstrating the Onguard application to a potential client and I am sure they will raise this question as we wait for the detection to happen.

Also, is it possible to automatically generate an email (sent to support staff) if Onguard detects that it is not healthy? I know there is an option for the user to manually send the logs. 

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: OnGuard Agent - Scan Interval

Posted Jan 27, 2016 09:19 AM

You can set a session timeout to re-evaluate the system health again under the Agent Profile but the minimum value you can use is 60 seconds .

2016-01-27 09_09_37-Settings.png

To send an automatic e-mail on the enforcement policy take a look at the ClearPass exchange technote

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/aaa-nac-guest-access-byod/23288/1/CPPM%20TechNote%20-%20ClearPass%20Exchange%20Overview%20V1(1).pdf